Thursday, October 22, 2009


Most of the comments that I got from my group members were along the lines of value. Although a few commented on the lines that I used to draw Kira's shirt and how I used different weights in the gestural lines. The value that I used was mostly in the shading in the face. The shading is mostly correct in the values. The angle of her face is slightly tilted up, so the dark shading under the chin needs to be toned down a little.
What I commented on was the fact that maybe I need to take a step back and start drawing more contour lines. I tend to block in the structure of the facial features, and draw a few shading lines and then start shading from there. I am planning on starting out with only contour lines(and maybe shade from there) with the self-portrait homework, so we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment