Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mid-term Review

So it is mid-way through the semester and I am looking at my collection of work and I am defiantly sure that I have improved on the face structure. Looking at my first few portraits of Sara and Lance I notice that the structure is off mainly on the placement/size of the nose and eyes. I feel like I have taken a step too far back with shading, but maybe I just like shading. My first couple of skull drawings were made with rough, sketchy lines and my final skulls look more finished and right because of the quality of the line. I am noticing that my sense of shading in the skull got better with time.

For the next half of the semester, I would really like to nail down my own personal style. I need to choose if I want to go more shaded, or stay with less value. My eyes are always drawn to contrast, so I tend to draw that way, so maybe I shouldn't have messed with that. I noticed I tended to focus more on structure and proportion without shading though. I plan on working more on the structure of the face, and I will try to understand the elements of the face from different angles (something that I really struggled with). I am excited to revisit the rest of the body, and included all of the elements in a full portrait.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenaleeberry/

No comments:

Post a Comment